Thank you for accessing our online press kit. Below you will find information about our titles and authors
that isn't available on our public websites.
Truths Publishing was founded to address the overwhelming volume of confusing, contradictory
and inaccurate information available on the topics of weight loss, nutrition, and fitness via our publications
and the expertise of our authors who are eager to write articles for and be interviewed by the media.
Therefore, we want to make your job of reporting on the truths about weight loss, nutrition and fitness as
easy as possible. That's the goal of the material below.
If you don't find the information you are looking for here, please don't hesitate to Contact Us.
To access the information you require, just click on a link (or you can scroll down this page to scan what
Obesity Public Policy Reports
Truths Publishing was founded by Allen Oelschlaeger following a 35 year career as a pharmacist,
medical industry executive and weight-loss researcher. He had become fed up with the confusing,
contradictory and inaccurate information available on losing weight, eating well and exercise – and
decided to do something about it.
So, in 2004, with his prior education (B.S. in biology and pharmacy, MBA from the Wharton School)
and experience (retail and hospital pharmacist, Eli Lilly and Company executive, daughter with Type
1 diabetes) in tow, he spent 3 years digging deep into the scientific research on weight, nutrition, and fitness.
This research convinced Oelschlaeger of three things:
It was these conclusions, along with a passion for helping his diabetic daughter, which led Oelschlaeger
- The misinformation, misdirection and, in some cases, down right lies about weight, nutrition and
fitness are more prevalent that he thought.
- The fundamental and unchanging truths about the physiology of weight management are well
established in the scientific literature but they've been overshadowed by the vast propaganda of the
profit-driven weight loss, food, and exercise industries.
- There was a massive need for truthful and unbiased information on the topics of weight, nutrition,
to found Truths Publishing in 2006. Since then, the company has published Finally, the Straight Scoop
About Weight, Nutrition, and Fitness by Allen Oelschlaeger, The Straight Scoop About Dieting by Sharon
Greene Patton and the Health and Fitness Truths Website.
- Writes two regularly-published emailed newsletters (The Straight Scoop About Health and Fitness
Newsletter, The Straight About Health and Fitness Newsletter for Parents) and contributes to several blogs.
- Maintains an online Resource Center for customers that includes reports on such topics as self image,
body acceptance, emotional eating, diabetes and childhood obesity.
- Has created the B.I.T.E. Method for effortless weight management (see below under Interview Info)
- Is on a mission to change U.S. public policy concerning the adult/child "obesity epidemic" (see reports
below under Additional Information)
What Readers Will Learn
Finally, the Straight Scoop About Weight, Nutrition, and Fitness
The Straight Scoop About Dieting
Back Cover Copy
Table of Contents
Allen Photo One
Allen Photo Two
Allen Oelschlaeger speaks to groups and consults to organizations on two topics:
- The B.I.T.E. Method – how to effortlessly reach and maintain your perfect weight and never struggle
with your weight effort again.
- The need for a dramatic change in public policy for addressing the child/adult "obesity epidemic"
see reports below under Additional Information
For more information, please go to his website at www.AOelschlaeger.com Media Resources
Review Copy Request
To obtain a review copy of a Truths Publishing publication, you can make your request by phone
888-309-3839 Option 6) or by visiting www.TruthsPublishing.com/Request.
The Straight Scoop About Dieting is also available as an eBook. If you are willing to read online, we'd appreciate
you accessing this edition rather than requesting a printed copy. It is available for immediate download
Frequently Asked Questions
Truths Publishing Websites